" "blank

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Success Story: Dana!

Dana before:

I considered myself an active person or at least I had convinced myself that I was active. I belonged to a local gym for a number of years but my attendance there was quite rare. I would make an effort (about once a year) to start a workout routine but I lacked self-motivation. No one at the gym cared whether I was there or not as long as the payments kept coming. I did enjoy other activities which included playing on a coed soccer team once a week (weekend warrior) and occasionally playing golf with the family. Although I wouldn’t admit that I had a weight issue, with each passing year the pounds continued to creep higher. This was just a fact of life for me along with getting older. Again, my lack of self-motivation to make any changes was holding me back.

Last August, a friend of mine asked me to come with her to try out a program called Mama Bootcamp. I went along to try it with her, but wasn’t convinced that this would be any different than belonging to my gym. Boy, was I mistaken! Mama Bootcamp was the motivation that I had needed to change my life. The education I received for healthy eating habits and the accountability through the “measurements” was the push I needed. By the end of my first 12-week session I had reached my goals and beyond. My greatest success was that I had been able to jog again after 15 years of suffering through a chronic ankle injury. On Thanksgiving Day of last year, I completed my first 5K Run (not walk) event. The feeling I had that day truly made me thankful for many blessings, including my new life thanks to Mama Bootcamp.

Dana after:

I am now into my fourth session with Mama Bootcamp and I am participating in the Tri Training. I had gained the self confidence to believe that I could complete a triathlon. Two weeks ago I finished my first triathlon and I am considering doing another one in August. The cross training that I have experienced in the past few months has been awesome. I am 43 years old and in the best shape of my life. I have lost 49 inches and 22 pounds and went from having 39% body fat to 17%. This has been a transformation from my old self to a new and healthier self. Thank you to Mama Bootcamp for your inspiration and special thanks to my trainers, Lisa, Holly, and Lorri Ann.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Great Job Dana! :)