" "blank

Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm That Woman

I’m That Woman

I was the girl that wouldn’t run in front of people
I was the girl that was always embarrassed during physical education class
I was the girl that was hit in the face with the volleyball every time we played
I was the girl that would be nervous to play kickball with the other kids
I was the girl that nobody thought would ever be able to be an athlete

I’m the woman that can exercise to be healthy and fit
I’m the woman that enjoys the sweat dripping off my brow during a workout
I’m the woman that can run a 5k with a smile on my face
I’m the woman that wants to have strong arms and legs with muscles that show
I’m the woman that plays outside with my family instead of sitting in the house
I’m the woman that is training for a triathlon
I’m the woman that has become her own athlete
I’m that woman.

By Kristin H.

No comments: