" "blank

Friday, July 16, 2010

Kristin's Story: Week 4

So many thoughts running through my head tonight…it’s been quite a week. Let’s see…almost immediately following my last post, I dropped the ball on my food journal for a few days and ended up confessing my lapse to Lorri Ann on Saturday morning. I just sort of blurted it out after boot camp was over. I’m not even sure why…other than the fact that my homework packet was only 3 pages long and I figured she would probably notice. Ha! It’s actually funny looking back on it because I was worried about what I would say on the blog this week. Lorri Ann said not to worry about it and to just say what I said to her. Brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that?! So yes…I had a bit of a slip last week. Work was insane and I hardly had time to put food in my mouth, let alone write it down. At least that’s what I told myself and Lorri Ann during my confession. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it had less to do with my crazy week and more to do with the fact that I went into the week unprepared. Ahhh! The truth comes out!

We came back into town after the long holiday weekend and I crashed headlong into my work week without grocery shopping or putting together my grab-n-goes. So when I was glued to my desk for 12 hours at a time, I was stuck there without things to eat. I managed 10 minutes to run over and grab a salad at lunch, but that was it. I had a quick breakfast, a salad around noon and then dinner when I got home. On boot camp nights that meant going from noon to 8pm without food. Eek! Not good. This is one girl who is not into the whole Sumo wrestler thing! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, ask your coach..they’ll be happy to fill you in.

I’m happy to report that I made a major grocery run on Sunday and I am back to packing my food for the day and logging my meals online. My water intake is much better this week and I’m still on-track with four boot camps per week. I’m also thrilled to report I have lost 4 pounds in 3.5 weeks and I‘m certain I‘m losing inches as well. Exciting stuff!

No comments: