" "blank

Friday, July 30, 2010

Kristin's Story - Week 6

Hello Mamas!

Well, it’s here…week 6 is coming to a close. Is it crazy that I have butterflies in my stomach just typing that? I’ve actually come a long way mentally since my post last Friday. I am no longer worrying about tomorrow and what the measurements say or don’t say. I’m excited to see how far I’ve come and to map out my goals for the next six weeks. I know a lot of you are journaling your food, water intake and exercise, but are you journaling your thoughts, feelings, triumphs and frustrations? If not, I highly recommend it. Somehow typing everything out sort of releases any frustrations and helps me to acknowledge the positives that I might otherwise overlook. Just something to ponder…

This week I’ve noticed another big boost in my strength. Side plank with staggered feet instead of kick stand, push ups don’t feel quite as deadly and my runs are getting faster. The best part is that I no longer curse my instructors under my breath during core workouts. Ha! Now that’s what I call serious improvement.

I’m in a routine with my diet and other than a little bit of restaurant anxiety I think I’ve got a good handle on it. I had a few pieces of red licorice after a particularly stressful afternoon, but once again I didn’t have anything with me to substitute so at least I’m seeing a pattern there. Planning, planning planning…I’m working on it.

See you next week with my 6 week stats!

“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn

2 comments:

Erica Webster said...

Determination. I feel it in the words you write. I look forward to hearing about your 6 wk accomplishments and your goals for the next 6wks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing about your challenges & your successes. I'm on week 2 and it helps me to know what's coming! Looking forward to hearing more!