" "blank

Friday, December 2, 2011

Weekly Challenge #49: Decluttering

Tis the season...
The season for family, friends, food (healthy only, of course), and STUFF. Lots and lots and lots of stuff.

I love my family's holiday celebration, but have noticed over the last few years that it leaves me with a big hangover. Not from alcohol (I said healthy, remember?) but from all of the STUFF that comes into the house. Gifts, gadgets, the "too good to pass up" things I just had to buy on Black Friday...all the stuff can get truly overwhelming.

And you know what I've realized? When I'm surrounded by crap, I feel like crap. And that isn't the way I want to go into the new year.

This year will be different. This year I'm going to conquer the clutter BEFORE the holiday hit full force. I'll be more prepared. And it starts now - for ALL of us.

This week, pick an area to de-clutter. Get all the clothes that don't fit anymore out of your closet and pass them on to someone who needs or can use them. Clear out the junk drawer that doesn't quite close anymore. Get rid of the toys that are broken, outgrown or no longer played with. You get the picture, right?

You will live more simply and freely as you de-clutter one step at a time.

No comments: