" "blank

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Meet Coach Marie

How did you find Mama Bootcamp? 
You know, I don’t know. I think it was an internet search. Or I saw a flier . . . Or I saw something on television. I just know that I put it out in the universe that I was serious and that I wanted a group activity to get me motivated again . . . et viola. . . MBC appeared.

What is your favorite healthy snack? 
Savory: Food should taste good multigrain chips & Whole foods lemon hummus. Chocolate: Think Thin peanut butter crunch peanut butter Refreshing: white nectarine or watermelon Different: Plantain Chips & salsa (thanks Lorri Ann!)

Besides being a Mama Bootcamp Coach, what other ‘hats’ do you wear? 
My daughter is grown and living in Texas, so I don’t get to actively wear my mama hat. M-F, I wear a regulator hat – regulating HMOs for the State of California. Recently, I started Tutoring on Tuesdays (incidentally that’s how I remember when I should go) I help my mom with her non-profit program, B.E.S.T. It helps Oak Park youth with empowerment skills and neighborhood beautification – right now we’re making and selling Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar. I also developed a healthy menu and cooked for 20 teens this summer!!

What do you like to do in your free time? 
Shop! My name is Marie and I am a shopaholic, it’s been 2 days since my last purchase. Hanging out with my cousins – they stretch me. I also like to create – sewing, gardening, scrapbooking, cooking, party planning . . . whatever I can put my own spin on.

What is your favorite part about being a coach and being on the Mama Bootcamp team? 
Teaching is in my blood. . . . my mother, my aunts & uncles and my grandmother were/are all teachers. I think we’re hooked on helping a person have “ah huh moments.” In addition, when I discover something that works for me, I cannot help but want to share it. MBC gives me an opportunity to do both!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marie, Marie Broadnax?? Our little ones went to Kindergarten together, Adzekai!

Ok, I just saw the Amazon Local deal and it looks like I will be giving Mama Bootcamp a try!