" "blank

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Meet Coach Danette

How did you find Mama Bootcamp? 
A girlfriend and I were looking for a way to get in shape before a planned trip to Hawaii. She lives in the Roseville area and saw a group of women running around Maidu park so she stopped to ask them what group they belonged to. The women responded with, Mama Boot Camp, you should try it you will love it. So we did our first 12 week session beginning in September 2009 and by January we had reached our goals for the Hawaii trip. We couldn't stop once we started with the program and I have been an active boot camper since September 2009.

What is your favorite healthy snack? 
Greek yogurt with honey, apples and hummus with veggies.

Besides being a Mama Bootcamp Coach, what other ‘hats’ do you wear? 
Although I am currently working I will be retiring after 35 years with the State of California, currently the HR Director at the Department of Veterans Affairs. My last physical day will be February 3, 2012 and will then be on vacation status until my retirement date of June 2, 2012 my 55th birthday. I have two grown daughters, 25 and 31 who are both nurses, I also have one granddaughter who is 3 years old. I have been married for 29 years and we are best friends and have so many plans when I retire.

What do you like to do in your free time? 
My husband and I are avid bike riders, both road and mountain biking, we have a fifth wheel trailer and love to camp, hike, snow shoe, and jet ski. We plan on going cross country in our fifth wheel when I retire.

What is your favorite part about being a coach and being on the Mama Bootcamp team? 
Bootcamp has given me an opportunity to be in the best shape ever, even at 54 years old. I enjoy the triathlons and the tri training. I have met so many generous and caring women through Mama Bootcamp and it is something that I love participating in so when I retire I can spend more helping other women get healthy. I appreciate the diverse group of women who are part of MBC.

No comments: