" "blank

Monday, November 21, 2011

Meet Coach Shannon


How did you find Mama Bootcamp?
The first time was when I was at the park running and started talking to a group of women who said they were with Mama Bootcamp. They all said they loved it and looked so happy. About a year later, I was talking to a high school friend who was talking all about food logs and working out so I asked her what she was doing. It was Mama Bootcamp so I decided I had to try it out.

What is your favorite healthy snack?
Oh so many! I love any vegetable with hummus or a crisp apple with a slice of Swiss cheese or string cheese.

Besides being a Mama Bootcamp Coach, what other ‘hats’ do you wear?
I am a wife and stay-at-home mom to a 2 year old. When I am working in my profession, I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to spend time with my family and friends. I enjoy reading, going to the movies, exploring the foothills by hiking and/or car rides (depends if our two year old falls asleep). When there is actually free time with a sitter, my husband and I love going on our motorcycle to explore.

What is your favorite part about being a coach and being on the Mama Bootcamp team?
I love seeing mamas' connect through health and fitness. It is amazing to see the joy on a mama's face as she reaches her mini and long term goals. While the inches, weight, and percent body fat loses are awesome, it is also fantastic to hear a mama rejoice in being able to physical activities that they thought they could not do (plank for a minute, go from walking to running, increase the time they can wall sit). They are so inspirational!

No comments: