" "blank

Monday, March 11, 2013

Meet Coach Tamara


What drew you to MBC? Where were you emotionally, physically, spiritually? 
It was just over 2 years ago. I ran into an old friend at work and mentioned how great she looked. She told me about Mama Bootcamp and how it changed her life. As a mom of two, I was finding it hard to make time for “ME”. While I had a gym membership and was pretty faithful about attending a kick box class twice a week, I felt very much like I was only going through the motions. There was no motivation for me to push myself just a little harder.... It was all part of a very rote routine. At the end of my conversation with my friend, I decided I would commit to trying MBC. The following Saturday I was at Elk Grove Park for my first MBC experience. I was hooked. I signed up for my first ‐ of several – 12‐week sessions. MBC provided me with a motivating, encouraging, supportive environment to push my limits. Within my first six months, I lost 28 pounds and completed my first 5k, 10k, half marathon, and triathlon ‐ all alongside MBC sisters. My energy sky rocketed and I felt I was able to not only provide myself with "ME" time, but I was able to recommit my energy to my kids and family. The best part? Our FAMILY is now active and my kids see the value of eating well and exercising.

What made you want to be a coach? 
I decided to commit to coaching when an opportunity to "restructure" Mama Bootcamp arose in Elk Grove. Elk Grove Mama Bootcamp brought me to where I am today and I wanted to be sure the opportunity was there for other women. I learned a lot from Coach Marilyn and Coach Jena and hope to bring their energy and passion with me when I coach our Elk Grove Mamas.

What is the best part of being a coach? 
The best part of coaching for me is that I never cease to be inspired. The women I work with weekly remind me every day why I am out there and I feel fortunate to be part of such an amazing group of women. 4. What are your interests, hobbies, etc.? What is your life like? When I am not coaching/training, you'll find me working (preschool teacher for children with Autism ‐ EGUSD), swimming, playing with my two kids (Martina, 9 and Matthias 6), cheering on my ultra‐runner husband (Antonio), traveling, and taking pictures. Our kids keep us busy with homework, swim team, theater, soccer, art class, dance, and basketball.

What is your favorite snack? 
My favorite snacks include Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew KIND bars, veggies with hummus, strawberries from the farmers market and almonds. Peppermint Stick Luna bars are yummy, too!

No comments: