" "blank

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A new way of thinking - Rewards

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I reward myself for a job well done. Instead of rewarding myself with a hot bath, pedicure, or new pair of jeans for my new body, I have recently been rewarding myself with food. Food that might taste good, but is certainly not good for my body or for working toward my goals. It is fine to have a treat once in a while if my diet is generally tight, and my exercise is on point, but letting a "treat" turn into a habit is not a good idea.

I recently read an interview with Drew Carey, who has been working hard at changing his habits, his weight, and his lifestyle. Something he said stuck with me, and is really changing my thinking:

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - its a punishment."

I'm not sure truer words have ever been spoken.

Read the full story/interview here: http://www.parade.com/health/2010/09/26-drew-carey.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing!