" "blank

Sunday, August 26, 2012

2012 Weekly Challenge #34: You with YOU

This week's post comes from a friend of Lorri Ann's, who talks about the most important relationship in our lives...

****************************************************
You with You from Cheryl Richardson:

Last night, while having a small dinner party, I listened in on a conversation between my dear friends, Nancy and Max, as they discussed the joys of living alone.

Max has lived by herself for over twenty years and when Nancy asked how it felt to be alone for so long, Max replied, "I'm not alone, I'm in a relationship with myself." As Nancy and I smiled at her answer, Max added, "some people see the word alone as meaning 'all by myself,' but I see it differently. To me, the word alone means, 'all one.' I'm in a relationship with myself and all that exists in the Universe."

What a beautiful perspective. If more of us remembered that we are, first and foremost, in a relationship with ourselves, we'd make it a priority to practice better self-care. We'd engage in those simple, meaningful activities that create memorable moments - the kind of moments that leave us wondering "why don't I do this more often."

This week, stop wondering and start doing. Here are a few ideas to get you started...

Take yourself out on a fun date - go to a movie on your own, enjoy a spontaneous afternoon foot massage, or go to a driving range and hit a bucket of balls.

Give yourself a treat like using linen spray or essential oils on your sheets before going to bed.

Go have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine with a good book or your journal instead of with a friend or your computer or phone.

Take a walk or go for a run in a place you've never been before.

Lie at the beach or on the grass and simply listen to the waves, the wind in the trees, or watch the clouds float by in the sky.

Create a few moments for yourself this week!
****************************************************

This week's challenge: At least twice this week (and hopefully more!) create some time for yourself, and foster your relationship with YOU.


No comments: