" "blank

Monday, May 7, 2012

May Recipe- Get Grilling

Hello, it's your Food Coach, Erika.  As I'm sure you probably (correctly) assume, in my house I do most of the cooking and that also includes the grilling.  Grilling is not a duty that I wrestled away from my husband and that doesn't mean he isn't capable of grilling; he is and back in the early days of courtship he cooked and grilled for me.  He actually does most of the laundry (washing and folding) in our house, so I'm quite happy to do the cooking and I really enjoy grilling.  So this month I am sharing a grilled chicken recipe and I'm also letting you know that I don't believe grilling should be "the man's job" when it comes to cooking in your home.  Mama's can grill too!  To me, everything tastes better grilled and it doesn't even have to be covered in sauce, all by itself it brings flavor to food.  So go out there and get grilling!  Try this very simple recipe and you will get hooked and want to grill all the time.  :)
The recipe also includes a very easy vegetable stir fry, which I guess is technically not stir fry as it's not with Asian flavors, it's a saute, but it goes well with the chicken and can be prepared on the stove, or in a pan you place on the grill.  The recipe is linked below.

Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Glaze and Vegetable Stir Fry

No comments: