" "blank

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April Recipe- Spring Salad

Salad is such a great way to get in your veggies, especially those dark, nutrient-rich greens like spinach.  I love a good salad, but sometimes I struggle at home to fix salad because I want it to have a lot of parts, but it can be a pain to prep it all when it's just myself or two of us.  It helps if I just create my own at-home salad bar.  Using containers to store all the elements, you take the time once to get it all prepped and then throughout the week, just pull it out and fix a salad.  In my house, it's far easier to do that then to toss it all together, only to not have it all eaten at once and then risk getting spoiled.
The other thing I like about salad, is "special" salads, the not your usual green salad with typical ingredients, but ones with seasonal ingredients or dynamic flavor combinations.  So when I came across a spring salad with mixed greens and blood oranges, I just had to share it here.

Blood Orange Salad with Gorgonzola, Pecans and Baby Greens


If you don't find blood oranges, naval oranges work fine, or even strawberries.   This would make a great addition to your Easter meal.  It's an easy salad to keep the elements stored separately and then assemble one just for yourself. 

Need other salad ideas?  Don't forget this previous post- A Salad A Day.


No comments: