" "blank

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Connie Found Her Mojo

Connie Miano found her mojo with Mama Bootcamp. Read her story to find out how:

My story with Mama Bootcamp began over 2 years ago. Prior to joining Mama Bootcamp, exercising on a regular basis was just not part of my life. I had always been slim and never worried about my diet or how much I exercised. However, as I began to get a little older and went through menopause, things began to change. I started gaining weight and developed high blood pressure. Since I have a family history of heart disease, I became a little concerned and thought it was time to change my habits and lifestyle. However, I still lacked self motivation to begin an exercise program on a routine basis.

Then one day, a friend of mine told me about Lorri Ann and Mama Bootcamp. I hesitated in joining so my friend gave my phone number to Lorri Ann. I received a call from Lorri Ann and that is the day when my exercise habits changed!!

In the beginning, Mama Bootcamp was very challenging because I hated to exercise and sweat! I was also never a runner and struggled with it for the first several months. But with the encouragement and specialized training from Lorri Ann, I was able to overcome my struggles. It wasn’t long before I began to see results, which motivated me to continue with Mama Bootcamp and to NOT hate exercising.

The next step, or what I call an adventure with Mama Bootcamp, was training for a triathlon. What?? Are you kidding me? Oh my!! What was I thinking?? That was something I would never consider in my wildest dreams!! I was content with my success in simply attending bootcamp on a regular basis. With the encouragement from Lorri Ann and her coaches, I began tri-training despite my reluctance. There were a few bumps in the road though.

I bruised the ball of my foot, crashed on my bike, but I overcame those little setbacks and decided not to give up! During the tri-training, I didn’t do well in the swimming portion and did not feel ready. But after all the training I didn’t want to miss the event. I decided to participate in the Duathlon. This event consists of a 5K, which replaces the swimming, an18 mile bike ride, and the final 5K. I discussed this option with Lorri Ann and she thought it was a great idea! I completed the Duathlon, which was a rewarding experience I will never forget! It was such an accomplishment for someone like me who always hated to exercise!!!!

I can’t believe it has been over 2 years since I began Mama Bootcamp and I’m amazed that I have been able to steadily continue in an exercise program. I have now lost about 20 pounds, a lot of inches and body fat. I have gone from a size 10-12 to a size 4-6. This program really works as the results tell the truth!! Lorri Ann is amazing and puts her heart and soul in helping you meet your goals. Mama Bootcamp has truly been a positive and rewarding experience for me. All the coaches are wonderful and I enjoy the camaraderie of the fellow mama bootcampers.

My family and friends are very proud of my success and commitment to a healthier lifestyle. I am a much happier, healthier person and loving life! I owe this all to Mama Bootcamp!!

No comments: